eCabs is committed to and focused on the safety and security of Partner Drivers and customers. We insist that these standards are followed to ensure safety while ride-hailing and using the eCabs platform:
Before accepting rides:
- Ensure that the vehicle is appropriately fuelled for your working day.
- Make sure that the vehicle is in a good mechanical condition to avoid unnecessary breakdowns.
- Double check the customer’s details before starting the ride i.e., name, drop-off location, etc.
During a ride:
- Comply with the local traffic laws and speed regulations.
- Be responsive to road and weather conditions and adapt your driving accordingly.
- Avoid using electronics whilst driving. Make use of a Bluetooth device and a smartphone holder instead.
- Phone eCabs Support Centre should you have any customer-related issues during a ride.
- End a ride in a well-lit and safe location.
- If there are any price disputes, kindly ask the customer to report the matter to eCabs for assistance. Do not argue with or collect any additional items from the customer.
Additional safety standards
- Ensure that you are physically and mentally fit to conduct your working slot. Do not drive if you are tired or fatigued.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- While driving at night, ensure head and taillights are on.